This post will you how to take your Google contacts and install them on your Yealink T series phone.
Access the GUI
- Don’t let the acronym GUI scare you. It stands for Graphical User Interface and means the same thing as Embedded Web Page. This is simply the web page that resides inside your Yealink phone.
- To access the GUI, you need to be on the same network as your Yealink.
- On the Yealink phone, press the OK button from the idle (or Home) screen.
- Line 2 should be labeled IPv4. Type that series of numbers into your web browser address bar. For example, mine is 192.168.0.34. Yours won’t be the same as mine. Type it in the address bar and hit enter.
- You will probably see the Warning page. It’s okay. Click Advanced.
- The warning page will expand. Now, at the bottom of the page, you should see Accept the Risk and Continue. Click it.
- You will be presented with the Login screen.
- The factory login is
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- If you or your administrator changed the factory password, you it instead.
- Once logged in, you will land on the Status page.
- On the left pane, click Directory.
- Now click Google Contacts.
- Turn on Google Contacts and click confirm.
- Now you will see an Authentication button. Click Sign In.
- Copy the code.
- There should be a pop-up window. If your browser blocks pop-ups, then you will need to allow this site in your browser. I’m using the Firefox browser and have an Options button at the top of my screen. Click Options (again, this is for Firefox. Your browser may be slightly different.) Now select Show https://google.com or whatever the address is.
- Enter the code you copied in step 14 above. Click Continue.
- If you have multiple Google accounts, select the correct one now. Enter your Google password. Click Next.
- You may encounter a message that says this app is blocked by Google. You can try turning this off if you understand the risk:
- Are you still with me? If you are not able to get Google to cooperate, then see my next post about uploading contacts directly to your phone.
- Since my company’s Google account doesn’t support apps, I must stop here. If you’re in the same boat, then try my next post.
Feel free to contact me if you need assistance.
Big Tree Telecom