This post will show you how to use the speed dial buttons on your Yealink T series phone.
Option 1, Use your dial pad:
- On the Yealink, long press the speed dial button you want to program. A long press means to hold it down.
- Using the arrow keys, change the Type to SpeedDial.
- Again, using the arrow keys, move down to line 3. Label.
- Using the number keys, type the name of your VIP. If you make a mistake, and you probably will, use the Delete button to go back one space at a time.
- Tip: I find it easier to type when I change from alphanumeric mode to upper and lower case mode. Touch the button below 2aB. Press it repeatedly until it lands on Abc.
- Hit the down arrow to go to the next line labeled Value.
- Enter their phone number here. I like to include the area code, like this: 8655551212.
- Touch Save.
- Rinse and repeat until all your speed dials or VIPs are full.8658981462
What is the button labeled 1 2 for? That is your menu or screen change button. Touch it to move to the next screen for more speed dials. Woohoo!
Option 2, Use the GUI
- Access your GUI (see previous post).
- On the left pane, click Dsskey.
- Click Line Key
- You can program up to 21 keys here. Line 1 is usually reserved for your device. Additionally, your administrator may have programmed BLF keys for your coworkers. Don’t change any of those.
- Under Type, select SpeedDial.
- Under Value, type the phone number.
- Under Label, type their name.
- Don’t change anything else.
- When done, click Confirm. That’s the same as Save. If you’re going to add a bunch of speed dials here, I recommend confirming frequently to prevent loss of data. Mine usually times out, even if I am actively typing in it. Confirm, confirm, confirm.
If you need any assistance, please contact me.
Big Tree Telecom