You’re adding a new phone or replacing an old one, right? This post will show you how to connect the new Yealink to our server.
There are two ways to access your Yealink phone settings. I prefer to use the GUI or embedded web server. The other way is via the menus on the phone itself, which is kind of clunky.
Access your Yealink GUI.
- First obtain the IP address of your Yealink phone. This assumes the phone is on your network, powered up, and able to access the internet. Press the OK button once. This should display the Status screen. The second line is labeled IPv4: the IP address follows and should look something like this: 192.168.0.25 or 10.10.0.25. Of course, your numbers will be different, but they should be formatted like xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
- Type the IP address into the address bar of your web browser and hit enter.
- You should land on the Warning page. Select Advanced.
- The page will expand. Scroll to the bottom and click Accept the Risk and Continue.
- Now you will see the login screen. The factory username and password are both admin.
- Log in with “admin” and “admin”.
- NOTE: if you can’t get in with the factory password, then someone before you has changed it. You will need this information before being able to log in. This is true for both the GUI and the menus on the phone.
- Once you’re logged in, you should land on the status screen.
- Click Settings on the left pane.
- Now click Auto Provision.
- This is where all the goodies are located. You will need to have your Server URL, Username, and Password. If you don’t have them, then contact me or your administrator.
- After you enter the info above, click Confirm.
- Now scroll to the bottom of the page and click Auto Provision Now.
- It will ask you “Are you sure to autop now?” Select OK.
- If you entered all the information correctly, your Yealink will connect to the server. Usually, it will download the latest firmware and reboot again.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact me.
Big Tree Telecom